Sponsored

John Stones admits he is enduring a difficult time at Manchester City after slipping out of favour under Pep Guardiola.

The 23-year-old was a regular for the Premier League leaders over the first half of the season, with his to the Etihad Stadium.

He was, however, to suffer with Vincent Kompany and Nicolas Otamendi impre Pedro Martinez Jersey sing, while Aymeric Laporte was acquired during the January transfer window.

Stones has not started an English top-flight fixture since January 20, while his last two selections from the off in all competitions have come in rare defeats for City against Wigan and Basel.

He told reporters on his current situation: Its difficult Jimmie Foxx Jersey .

Every player wants to play week-in, week-out. But Ive had games here and there, Ive been fighting and thats all you can do. Train hard, keep working hard and when your chance comes youve got to take it and thats what Ive done. Stayed positive.

Ive had the players' Johnny Pesky Jersey backing and the managers Guardiolas backing. Its one of those things where the teams winning games and playing well, and you cant get back in just like that.

Ive got to keep working hard and thats what Ive been doing. Still learning while Im on the sidelines, thats a ma sive thing. You cant switch off and when your chance comes youre ready to take it.

Pre sed on whether this is the toughest period of his career to date, Stones added: Its tough, but Ive got my first medal in a Carabao Cup win over Arsenal Martin Perez Jersey so I cant complain.

There is the promise of more medals to come as City close on the Premier League title and ready themselves for a Champions Dustin Pedroia Jersey League quarter-final clash with Liverpool.

, with England bo s Gareth Southgate having kept faith in him despite his recent lack of game time at club level.

He added ahead of a friendly outing against Italy, having helped to keep a clean sheet in a 1-0 win over the Netherlands: Ive got to do my job at City and, as I said, Ive got to take my chance when it comes Tony Conigliaro Jersey and Gareth is watching so much football.

Hes picked me this time and Ive just got to take my chance when I get out on the pitch. Hopefully again on Tuesday we can go again.

Related Articles

Be the first person to like this.
Be the first person to like this.