Sponsored

Liverpool need a new goalkeeper, says Steve Nicol, with AC Milans Gianluigi Donnarumma an ideal Yannick Ngakoue Jerseys option for the next decade.

Jurgen Klopp has spent the 2017-18 campaign rotating his options between the sticks, with Loris Karius currently being favoured to Simon Mignolet.

Nicol is not convinced by either and believes the Reds need to be in the market for a new No. 1 this summer.

The former Reds star told ESPN FC: To be honest I think Liverpool should go and see if they can either get a No. 1 or have somebody whos on a level with Karius.

Mignolet isnt, hes clearly the No 2 Rodney Thomas Jerseys and I think what Mignolets doing is waiting to see if he can get a game in the World Cup.

Thibaut Courtois has had a couple Peyton Manning T Shirts of injury nicks recently and a good World Cup would mean Mignolet is in the shop window and he could get himself a good move.

Liverpool spent big in January plugging a defensive hole with 75 million centre-half Virgil van Dijk, and Nicol feels they should be looking to Italy for another long-term solution in a problematic position.

The Scot added: Liverpools problems were always the defensive unit and by that, more importantly, the centre-back position Dayo Odeyingbo Jerseys and the goalkeeper.

Theyve certainly made a difference signing Van Dijk in the centre-back position.

Karius, as good as the last couple of Brandon Kemp Jerseys months he has had, are we really 100 per cent relying on him? Im not ready for that yet.

That means Liverpool, in my opinion, have to go out and get a recognised No 1.

I would have no problem with him Roma keeper Ali son , I would have no problem if they can get the likes of Donnarumma who would be a goalkeeper for the next decade.

But I think definitely its a priority now for Liverpool. It is a weak spot, again as good as Karius has been recently, hes not the finished article Curtis Brooks Jerseys by a long way.

Related Articles

Be the first person to like this.
Be the first person to like this.